Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sisters

In a nostalgic and grateful mood today. When I think of myself being in a nostalgic mood it's usually tinged with melancholy, but not today. I'm in one of those overcome with gratitude-weepy mama moods. I love my son. I love my family. Honestly, the love I feel towards my sisters has creeped up on me. I've truly taken them granted over the years. Its only been the last year or so that I've really worked on my relationship with them by doing things with them and begun to truly realize not only how much they mean to me, but how absolutely incredible they are. Unbelievably talented, both of them. Naturally *gorgeous.* They just glow. And I'm not sure they have any idea of the infinity of their worth. Not just in God's eyes, but mine. I do. not. know. where I'd be without my sisters. Sometimes I do wonder though. Would there be anyone else in their place? Would life simply be different; would life be worse? I've come to the conclusion that there would be a huge gaping hole in my life. Not a single person could make up the difference my sisters make in my life. God blessed me with them because there was absolutely nobody else in the trillions upon trillions of spirits who could bless me like they could. It is such a testimony of His love for me. He loved me so incredibly much that He gave me Stephanie. A woman who may think she is weak, but who has an innate strength that I have yet to see in anyone else. A woman who may worry about a lack of expressed affection, but who loves her family and friends with a fierce intensity. She is a warrior. I know she worries about being anti-social, but honestly, if you loved as hard as she does, you probably wouldn't be able to handle having any friends. And then there's my sweet, sweet baby sister. Talking about loving hard. No matter how many times I've hurt her in the past, she remains defiantly loyal. Living with her has been *so* wonderful. She's become my best friend and an excellent wingman to boot. I love how no man will ever be worthy of me in her eyes. We protect each other. From the uglies of life, boys, and sometimes, from the uglies we create for ourselves.

I love my sisters <3




No comments:

Post a Comment