We love to color. I say 'we' because I do everything the girls do--I think the real reason I do crafty things with them is because I want to do them too. Leading the girls in a craft activity is an excellent excuse for the 5 year old in me to express herself. :] Notice Cailyn's picture underneath Addie's...it's us at the beach!

One of our first activities was painting penne and small macaroni noodles to string into necklaces. I wish I had taken pictures of the ones Adeline and Cailyn did because they were magnificent. And of course I made myself one; they are awesome.

One of our first activities was painting penne and small macaroni noodles to string into necklaces. I wish I had taken pictures of the ones Adeline and Cailyn did because they were magnificent. And of course I made myself one; they are awesome.
I think it was the same day that we made button bracelets. Addie made one for Grandma Nancy and it was super cute. So cute in fact, that my mom thinks we could sell them. Now tell me you don't love buttons and ribbon and the endless possibilities.
Now this was a fun one. We made creatures out of clothespins. Cailyn made an alligator with wings and a jewel on its forehead and Adeline made a regular alligator that had about 5 jewels on its back. Hers was obviously a girl alligator and Cailyn says hers is a boy. My creature? Um.. it was supposed to be a very girly butterfly, but I'm not sure if the butterfly part came across very clearly...oh well! And of course we had to glue magnets to the back so they can easily display art on the fridge!
These were my own doing. While the girls worked on their alligators I made some fun little bugs out of some of the extra magnets. Today I found some tulle to glue on the back of the bumblebee...he was looking a little naked without his wings.
Well, that's about it for crafty things done with the neices. Today I also made banana almond muffins which were/are delicious. I like to feed people. And I like doing crafty things typically appropriate for someone a quarter of my age. It's relaxing and it makes me happy. So, even if it makes me weird by some people's standards, I think I'll continue to do them.
No comments:
Post a Comment