Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ultrasound 6/7/10

The most recent estimate is that baby Jamie is 3 lbs 3 oz, which puts him in the 63rd percentile. Babies in the womb have to practice their breathing because they have no medical need to breathe until they are born. What's really interesting though is that they only practice their breathing when they're not stressed out. I'm proud to say that Jamie is relaxed and working on making a smooth transition into this world.

Is it weird that I feel like I'm invading his privacy? He has no idea we're watching him! I do think it's way neat that you can see his face so well in the second picture. I've always imagined babies to look like obscure weird little fetuses until they come out and voila! they magically become a perfect looking little baby. Nope! He has features! He practices his breathing! He practices swallowing! He sleeps, pees, kicks, punches, and I'm pretty sure he was trying to hold my hand last night. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment