This makes me giggle. :]
Yesterday as I started to make breakfast I found myself surrounded by little munchkins eager to help. Adeline was a perfect toast maker and butter-er and rockin' Roland did a marvelous job putting the eggshells in the trash and helped make sure I salt and peppered the eggs adequately. Adeline is in a stage where she *loves* to help. Of course, she likes to dictate what she will and will not help with which can make things interesting...i.e. our conversation after breakfast:
Me: Addie, I think your mom is done with her plate can you bring it to the sink?
Addie: I don't want to.
Me: I don't care, do it anyways.
And since I'm one of her favorite aunts, she did it! Hopefully I'll have such luck with my own children. I doubt that's how it works though. :]
In other news, I have learned a lot about cloth diapering today. Especially when it comes to washing cloth diapers. Like how the two bars of Fels Naptha I bought to make homemade detergent are no good for washing cloth diapers. As it turns out, any detergent with soap in it will eventually create a buildup that will lessen the absorbency of the diaper. Also, ammonia is more likely to grow because the buildup can prevent the diapers from getting fully clean when washed. So I'm on a new mission to find an affordable and gentle detergent without soap which will *completely* rinse out and not create buildup. I could make my own detergent without soap using borax, washing soda and oxyclean but I guess the price of oxyclean single handedly debunks the whole idea of "diy detergents are cheaper." I'll look around online, but I think I'll wait until I go to the free Diapering 101 class at Tiny Tots next Saturday to decide exactly what to do. If I've learned anything today it's that there are a lot of opinions out there and I'd like the peace of mind of peppering someone with questions before diving into a decision.
But really, I had no idea the bajillion options that are available for the would-be cloth diaper-er. It has its own jargon. Pretty intense!
I remembered this site being helpful when choosing detergents: http://www.pinstripesandpolkadots.com/detergentchoices.htm
ReplyDeletehaha, I already found that one. :]
ReplyDelete