I must admit to being just a wee bit nervous today. I go in for a NST (Non Stress Test--they hook me up to a fetal monitor for a half an hour to make sure baby's doing well and measure my contractions) and my regular endocrine high risk clinic appointment today. The ob/gyn said last week that this would be the week that we talk about setting an induction date. I've been told in the past that if all went well I could go until my due date, but then more recently I've been told that, if everything is going well, they'll want to induce me at 39 weeks. If anything "comes up" though, they'll be wanting to take him at 38 weeks. Did I mention I'll be 38 weeks TOMORROW? I wouldn't be so nervous if they didn't keep changing their mind about when they want to induce. My blood sugars have been consistently pretty dang awesome (my Ha1C has been in the 5's pretty much the entire pregnancy) and his weight, which can also be a worry for diabetic babies, is right on track. Not to mention I've been feeling pretty dang fantastic lately. A week and a half ago I wasn't feeling as good as I have the last couple of days. Weird, but I'm going to enjoy it as long as I can. I'm not waking up in the night as much, definitely a lot less nightmares, aaand I even went on a nice little hike at Rancho San Antonio with the fam yesterday. I've been having quite a few low blood sugars, which surprises me because at certain times of day I'm already down to pre-pregnancy basal rates, but I've had hardly any highs to speak of which is what I'm more concerned about at this point anyways. All-in-all, I think I can handle staying pregnant a little while longer. My honest opinion of when they'll say to induce? Next week sometime. I have an ultrasound scheduled for Monday and I think they'll be wanting to schedule a time for me to come in Wednesday or Thursday for an induction. Of course, I haven't mentioned the herbal induction tincture my doula had prepared for me. =] Basically, I plan on talking to my ob/gyn today and whenever they want to induce I'll start taking this herbal tincture a day or so before. From what research I've done, this tincture is safe and induces much more natural labor than pitocin. Well, I'll stop rambling on, but in a few hours I think I'll have a pretty good guess of when this little munchkin's birthday is going to be. So crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment