Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Oh the Thinks you can think

Sometimes I think I think too much about thinking too much.

Say that five times fast.

But really. There's different categories of thinking. For me, most (if not all) revolve around why such and such made me feel such and such a way. Productive, yet oftentimes tiresome. Every so often I have thinks that are low maintenance. My most favorite kind of think is not so much of a think as it is a feeling. Something wonderful someone said or did will fill my mind and I'll bask in the warm sunny knowledge that, in one way or another, that person was letting me know they love me. Those are definitely the best kinds of thinks.

On a completely different note, I went jogging Saturday night! And went to yoga yesterday! And went jogging again tonight! I'm just going around the block (about a mile) and what I do most definitely cannot be described as running, but it makes me feel good nonetheless. I want to make a habit of it. I will make a habit of it. Hence why I'm committing myself in writing.

One other thing...err 'think.' Something came to me when I was talking to a friend a few days ago. Fear and anger are a lot related. Yoda said it well in Star Wars: The Phantom Menance. "Fear is the path to the dark side.
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." Okay, so I'm a huge, ginormous nerd. BUT. It's true. What came to me was slightly different though. I've been learning a lot about fear the past week or so and how best to handle it. At first I was basically trying to pray away my fears. That doesn't work fyi. You can't just not feel things. Being brave isn't the absence of fear, it is the courage to act despite your fears. What came to me was that anger is similar. You can't just not be angry. You wouldn't get anywhere; it'd keep resurfacing until you worked through it. You have to acknowledge it and then decide that you won't let it dictate how you live your life. That's where, I believe, healing will begin. On a side note, realizing that having fear is okay was such a freeing feeling for me. Now I can put it on the shelf and acknowledge it without it becoming this huge obstacle. Yay for moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment