Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pictures, As Promised

5 weeks and a little over 2 hours ago Jamie was born. Here's a little tribute. :]

Early labor...such a breeze in retrospect.


My lovely doula, Christine.

That's insulin and saline in my right hand, and pitocin and glucose in my left.

Stephanie and Christine.

My mom, and my lovely nurse Aimee in the back!

Whoever told Bill Cosby that childbirth was akin to pulling your bottom lip over the top of your head hit the nail on the head.

Pushing stage! I wouldn't have had such an adrenaline rush if I had known how long the pushing stage can and usually lasts.

Concerned citizens.

They're setting everything up for me here.

I wasn't trying to have a dramatic birth. It just happened that way.

I don't care what you believe; childbirth is a honest to goodness MIRACLE.

And a marathon to boot.



A moment I'll never forget. August 17th, 8:53 pm, 7 lbs 15.9 oz, 19 inches long. Jameson Caleb Orton was born after 4 hours of labor and an hour and a half of pushing. A miracle.

He's purple and he's still cute.

I grew that perfect little guy.

My dad cutting the cord.

A mother is born!

This is post the post pardum poking and prodding and stitching. I DID IT!







This was a few days later when my nieces and nephew came over to meet him.
Here's Adeline; she's anxious to be a mommy already.

I think Cailyn likes him. :]



All Roland wants to do when he comes over is be with Jamie. It's so precious!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder how Roland would react to this now. This is Jamie the baby in the pics. I’m going to highschool now:D

    ReplyDelete